Position Title: Chef de’ Cuisine
Location: Chicago and Milwaukee
Reports to: VP Food Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 6/21/21
America has developed an unhealthy relationship with food. We over-medicate instead of eating healthy and the growth of chronic disease is out of control. Today, 70% of U.S. deaths and 85% of U.S. health expenditures are a result of chronic disease.
This must change if we are to thrive as a society. The Dohmen Company has touched nearly every aspect of the healthcare supply system over our 160+ years of business. It was clear to us that a new type of organization was needed to help drive equitable change. So, in 2018 we exited the pharmaceutical industry and in 2019 we became the first organization in the nation to transition from a for-profit S-Corp to a not-for-profit philanthropic enterprise.
Through our new foundation we are developing the first ever food benefit to help America regain a healthy relationship with food. This will make clean eating easier, more enjoyable and – frankly – more delicious. And, while the “what” of our business has changed, our core values have and will always remain the same. You can think of this as our commitment to the market, our employees and partners:
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future. They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a foundation owned organization focused on achieving a social return on investment (SROI), they are the essence of what makes us unique and successful.
The Chef De’ Cuisine is responsible for overseeing and managing day-to-day production operations of our centralized kitchen that supports the food benefit all other production lines. In doing so, ensure consistent high food quality standards and safety procedures.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Kitchen operations run effectively and efficiently.
- All orders are consistently fulfilled and on time.
- All products are consistently produced to the satisfaction of our consumers.
- Production output maintains the integrity of health vision and R&D creations.
- Operations maintain food waste at a minimum, less than 5% waste.
- Operational costs are at designated cost targets.
- Purchasing and inventory for operations are being done according to SOPs.
- Oversee and participate in the daily production of all product lines and products.
- Develop culinary team through proper coaching, training, mentoring, and hiring.
- Function as the production liaison to our food R&D team.
- Create production team schedules and maintain OT at under 5%.
- Weekly forecast of production needs for all lines.
- Order and maintain food and supply inventories.
- Complete and submit accurate weekly and monthly inventories on time.
- Maintain appropriate food and labor costs.
- Ensure operational, safety, sanitation, and food quality guidelines are consistently followed.
- Verify all tracking logs are being filled out properly and consistently.
- Train and motivate teams to execute recipes flawlessly and achieve our high standards of execution.
- Weekly approval of timesheets.
- Integrate products from R&D into production.
- Maintain and ensure execution of equipment maintenance schedules.
- Create a culture of program service excellence.
- Represent Dohmen Company Foundation’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of Dohmen’s capability.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of social innovation.
- Listen to the market, identify new opportunities and overlay to Dohmen’s strategy.
- Minimum 5 years in food production lead role and a minimum of 2 years as a Sous Chef or above.
- Passion for farm to table cooking
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong in ethnic and traditional cuisines with an affinity for locally sourced and seasonal ingredients.
- Superior management skills: ability to influence and engage peers and staff.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at email@example.com.