Position Title: Chef of R&D Aesthetics and Packaging
Location: Chicago and Milwaukee
Reports to: Executive Chef of R&D
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 06/21/2021
America has developed an unhealthy relationship with food. We over-medicate instead of eating healthy and the growth of chronic disease is out of control. Today, 70% of U.S. deaths and 85% of U.S. health expenditures are a result of chronic disease. This must change if we are to thrive as a society. The Dohmen Company has touched nearly every aspect of the healthcare supply system over our 160+ years of business. It was clear to us that a new type of organization was needed to help drive equitable change. So, in 2018 we exited the pharmaceutical industry and in 2019 we became the first organization in the nation to transition from a for-profit S-Corp to a not-for-profit philanthropic enterprise. Through our new foundation we are developing the first ever food benefit to help America regain a healthy relationship with food. This will make clean eating easier, more enjoyable and – frankly – more delicious. And, while the “what” of our business has changed, our core values have and will always remain the same. You can think of this as our commitment to the market, our employees and partners:
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future.
They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a foundation owned organization
focused on achieving a social return on investment (SROI), they are the essence of what makes us
unique and successful.
The Chef of R&D Aesthetics and Packaging is responsible for creating a complete and well defined
customer experience through our products. Additionally, influence the research and development of
recipes, menus and product lines through a focus on aesthetics.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Food presentation is consistently rated 4.7 or higher (out of 5) by our consumers.
- Brand is expressed consistently through all recipes, menus, product lines and packaging.
- Support R&D team in recipe creation of all product lines with a focus on aesthetics and packaging.
- Continual development of recipes, menus, and product lines.
- Create plating and packaging instructions for all tested products.
- Liaison to marketing and branding.
- Stay current on trends relating to packaging with a culinary perspective.
- Bring cutting edge innovation to our packaging approach and aesthetics.
- Collaborate with marketing and consumer experience in creation of customer-facing materials.
- Implement our branding guidelines across all product lines.
- Creation of standard operating procedures and verification processes.
- Support QC manager in proper plating and packaging procedures.
- Comply with operating and safety procedures, sanitation guidelines, and food quality.
- Create a culture of program service excellence.
- Represent Dohmen Company Foundation’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of Dohmen’s capability.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of social innovation.
- Listen to the market, identify new opportunities and overlay to Dohmen’s strategy.
- Minimum 2 years in food production.
- Knowledge of how aesthetics play a role in marketing.
- Has a passion to express the spirit of ethnic and traditional cuisines.
- Natural ability to collaborate and engage with peers.
- Affinity for beauty and presentation with a culinary focus.
- Ability to develop conceptual ideas and apply them to our product lines.
- Strong attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.