Position Title: Culinary R&D Assistant
Location: Milwaukee and Chicago
Reports to: Executive Chef of R&D
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Prepared: 06/21/2021
America has developed an unhealthy relationship with food. We over-medicate instead of eating healthy and the growth of chronic disease is out of control. Today, 70% of U.S. deaths and 85% of U.S. health expenditures are a result of chronic disease. This must change if we are to thrive as a society. The Dohmen Company has touched nearly every aspect of the healthcare supply system over our 160+ years of business. It was clear to us that a new type of organization was needed to help drive equitable change. So, in 2018 we exited the pharmaceutical industry and in 2019 we became the first organization in the nation to transition from a for-profit S-Corp to a not-for-profit philanthropic enterprise. Through our new foundation we are developing the first ever food benefit to help America regain a healthy relationship with food. This will make clean eating easier, more enjoyable and – frankly – more delicious. And, while the “what” of our business has changed, our core values have and will always remain the same. You can think of this as our commitment to the market, our employees and partners:
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future.
They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a foundation owned organization
focused on achieving a social return on investment (SROI), they are the essence of what makes us
unique and successful.
The Culinary R&D Assistant works alongside the R&D team to maintain and organize all relevant
information generated through the R&D process. They also participate in the R&D kitchen through
activities such as prepping, cooking, plating, and cleaning.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Efficient and effective documentation of established and newly-tested recipes.
- Accurately reflect directions and processes for all recipes into recipe management software
immediately following recipe finalization.
- Ensure ongoing accuracy of instructions and reference photos for production teams.
- Support the R&D team in documentation of new product lines, menus, and recipes.
- Assist QC Manager with shelf life and MAP testing.
- Manage, record and track external consumer and internal team feedback.
- Participate in kitchen activities of the R&D process.
- Organize documents, paperwork, and maintain an e-filing system.
- Assist with MAP design for each product.
- Assist in the creation of plating and packaging design and instructions.
- Support the R&D team in recipe testing and documentation.
- Provide support to the R&D team in other miscellaneous administrative tasks.
- Comply at all times with operating and safety procedures, sanitation guidelines, and food quality.
- Step in as needed to complete activities such as prepping, cooking, plating, and cleaning.
- Create a culture of program service excellence.
- Represent Dohmen Company Foundation’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of Dohmen’s capability.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of social innovation.
- Listen to the market, identify new opportunities and overlay to Dohmen’s strategy.
- Minimum 2 within a culinary setting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to influence and engage peers.
- Ability to function and learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Technology proficiencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at email@example.com.