Position Title: Director, Quality & Performance
Location: Milwaukee and Chicago
Reports to: COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 10/26/2021
America has developed an unhealthy relationship with food. We over-medicate instead of eating healthy and the growth of chronic disease is out of control. Today, 70% of U.S. deaths and 85% of U.S. health expenditures are a result of chronic disease. This must change if we are to thrive as a society.
The Dohmen Company has touched nearly every aspect of the healthcare supply system over our 160+ years of business. It was clear to us that a new type of organization was needed to help drive equitable change. So, in 2018 we exited the pharmaceutical industry and in 2019 we became the first organization in the nation to transition from a for-profit S-Corp to a not-for-profit philanthropic enterprise.
Through our new foundation we are developing the first ever food benefit to help America regain a healthy relationship with food. This will make clean eating easier, more enjoyable and – frankly – more delicious. And, while the “what” of our business has changed, our core values have and will always remain the same. You can think of this as our commitment to the market, our employees and partners:
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future. They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a foundation owned organization focused on achieving a social return on investment (SROI), they are the essence of what makes us unique and successful.
The Director, Quality & Performance position is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system (QMS) across the organization; the identification, assessment, and execution of strategic initiatives, quarterly rocks, KPI performance and operational opportunities. This position will work with finance and operations to develop productivity improvement programs and strategies, capacity and resource planning, and identify service gaps in order to promote and sustain growth.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Timely and accurate tracking and reporting on progress of Key Initiative, Rocks, and KPI performance.
- Successful delivery of solutions in an integrated approach
- Establish and implement right-sized, easily executable quality / business systems, processes, and tools across the organization to achieve quality and performance expectations.
- Ensure capability and capacity of high quality systems, processes, and resources to achieve growth and expansion without sacrificing quality, compliance, or efficiency.
- Design and implement monitoring systems and metrics (KPI) to validate performance against internal and industry benchmarks
- Ownership / Program Management of organization Key Initiatives, Rocks and KPI performance
- Lead tactical reporting system for Key Initiatives completion progress, quarterly KPI performance and Rock completion.
- Collect, audit and properly store all compliance documentation including kitchen and operations.
- Provides input to executive management in the process of prioritizing operational initiatives relative to overall company objectives
- Participate in Mid/Short-term strategy planning and maintain models for capacity and resource planning to promote and sustain growth
- Designs and implements operational initiatives to ensure proper QMS solutions are adopted for the company’s present and future business needs
- Manages the development and execution of strategies to improve profitability and long-term sustainability for the organization, including processes and technology to drive greater cost efficiencies
- Prepares written progress reports both to communicate project status to executive management and to circulate departmental information throughout the company
- Develops deliverables for executive-level presentations to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations
- Manages complex projects with multiple work streams and stakeholders; coordinates and facilitates strategy discussion with leaders
- Develops and implements QMS policies and procedures. Participates in developing and implementing general company policies and procedures
- Works with operations to analyze and evaluate quality assurance, productivity & financial performance and develop corrective actions to drive increased quality, productivity and profitability
- Ensures that all organizational activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations
- Ensures high-quality, compliant delivery of services across the organization
- Represent Dohmen Company Foundation’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity Thrives in an entrepreneurial, philanthropic, fast-paced environment; easily adjusts to changing priorities.
- Exhibits an upbeat attitude, a genuine interest in others that energizes others and heightens morale.
- Transforms creative ideas into original solutions that positively impact the company’s performance.
- Show an appreciation for the importance of healthy food as part of consumer lifestyles
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience required, o Quality Assurance and / or Regulatory Affairs o Experience with FDA and other regulatory Audits o Operations Management o Project management o QMS tool and techniques (i.e. – SPC, 6-sigma)
- Prior experience in food manufacturing preferred and/or health industry preferred
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive
- Strong understanding of US GMP requirements
- Understand the balance in defining process that is robust, yet functionally efficient
- Ability to comprehend the importance of, inner workings of, and operational opportunities provided through various technology systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop and articulate ideas and information
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Power Point and presentation skills
- Good issue identification, problem solving and prioritization skills Persistent pursuit of quality and performance on a daily basis
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be able to think, plan, lead, do, innovate, and pivot.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at email@example.com.