Position Title: Director, Supply Chain
Location: Chicago and Milwaukee
Reports to: COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 10/26/2021
America has developed an unhealthy relationship with food. We over-medicate instead of eating
healthy and the growth of chronic disease is out of control. Today, 70% of U.S. deaths and 85% of U.S.
health expenditures are a result of chronic disease. This must change if we are to thrive as a society.
The Dohmen Company has touched nearly every aspect of the healthcare supply system over our 160+
years of business. It was clear to us that a new type of organization was needed to help drive equitable
change. So, in 2018 we exited the pharmaceutical industry and in 2019 we became the first organization
in the nation to transition from a for-profit S-Corp to a not-for-profit philanthropic enterprise.
Through our new foundation we are developing the first ever food benefit to help America regain a
healthy relationship with food. This will make clean eating easier, more enjoyable and – frankly – more
delicious. And, while the “what” of our business has changed, our core values have and will always
remain the same. You can think of this as our commitment to the market, our employees and partners:
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future.
They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a foundation owned organization
focused on achieving a social return on investment (SROI), they are the essence of what makes us
unique and successful.
The Director, Supply Chain is responsible for front-end demand planning, sourcing, procurement, quality
assurance, inventory management and warehousing of all production inventory needs (ingredients and
supplies); as well as the back-end implementation and ongoing execution of best-in-class delivery of all
logistics and distribution functions. This includes defining and execution of picking, packing, shipping,
delivery, reverse logistics & compliance. This role is responsible for ensuring standardization, continuous
improvement in all stated areas and meeting or exceeding performance expectations. In addition to
food operations, this role is responsible for supply chain across all program elements.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Establishment of a strong local producer network to fulfill majority of food production and supply
needs based on demand planning schedule.
- Development and management of best-in-class process and automated systems – that meet or
exceed metric performance expectations – for all procurement, warehousing, distribution, and
reverse logistics (track, trace, destruction) functions.
- Meet / exceed benchmark logistics & distribution metrics: quality, on-time delivery & accuracy.
- Continuously expand supply network by building relationships with local farmers and producers.
- Secure local produce at a reduced price whenever available.
- Develop demand planning schedule and forecasts, communicating inventory estimations to management
and addressing demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with local farmers and producers to forecast inventory needs for the next twelve (12) months.
- Develop inventory systems and supply schedules to ensure continuous production and scalability.
- Work with quality to develop and maintain a quality control system to ensure the quality of supplied
materials and the rejection of any sub-par arrivals.
- Ensure proper temperature control throughout the supply chain.
- Lead the development of solutions for the optimal handling and storing of fresh local produce.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehousing and transportation processes and systems.
- Provide regular assessment and action plan for automation, continuous improvement and scalability.
- Develop efficient and cost-effective solutions to increase accuracy and timely deliveries.
- Manage all waste and reverse logistics processes and systems.
- Maintains a reliable supply chain of all needed inventory to our food and program operations.
- Create efficient, effective, and scalable supply chain, pricing controls, quality control, warehousing,
distribution, and reverse logistics.
- Reduces cost by looking for price deals from suppliers and group purchasing agreements.
- Manage and execute logistics and distribution functions within a best in class framework.
- Manage supply to remote distributions and maintenance of remote equipment.
- Ensure compliance to quality & performance standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Develop and manage a high-performing and efficient customer service department with a feedback loop to operations.
- Represent Company’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, philanthropic, fast-paced environment; easily adjusts to changing priorities.
- Exhibits an upbeat attitude, a genuine interest in others that energizes others and heightens morale.
- Transforms creative ideas into original solutions that positively impact the company’s performance.
- Show an appreciation for the importance of healthy food as part of consumer lifestyles
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or in Logistics and Supply Chain management.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience required, preferably in large volume food operations.
- Holds a Wisconsin Food Manger Certification.
- Strong sanitation and food safety background.
- Ability to comprehend the importance, inner workings, and operational opportunities provided through
various technology systems.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong initiative with the ability to work independently; strong attention to detail and organization.
- Strong analytical skills to assist with problem investigation, discussion, and resolution.
- Critical thinking, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and presentation skills.
- Good issue identification, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of
all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.