Position Title: Director, Technology Solutions
Reports to: COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 6/22/21
America has developed an unhealthy relationship with food. We over-medicate instead of eating healthy and the growth of chronic disease is out of control. Today, 70% of U.S. deaths and 85% of U.S. health expenditures are a result of chronic disease. This must change if we are to thrive as a society.
The Dohmen Company has touched nearly every aspect of the healthcare supply system over our 160+ years of business. It was clear to us that a new type of organization was needed to help drive equitable change. So, in 2018 we exited the pharmaceutical industry and in 2019 we became the first organization in the nation to transition from a for-profit S-Corp to a not-for-profit philanthropic enterprise.
Through our new foundation we are developing the first ever food benefit to help America regain a healthy relationship with food. This will make clean eating easier, more enjoyable and – frankly – more delicious. And, while the “what” of our business has changed, our core values have and will always remain the same. You can think of this as our commitment to the market, our employees and partners:
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future. They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a foundation owned organization focused on achieving a social return on investment (SROI), they are the essence of what makes us unique and successful.
The Director of Technology is responsible for supporting the delivery of our food benefit, its related services, and our overall operations through multiple varying technology solutions. They must bring an open-ended and innovative mindset to own the strategy, development, acquisition, implementation, and performance of all technology that is external facing for our clients and consumers, as well as internal facing to lead our production/manufacturing operations and overall company IT. This position is a critical leadership role that requires a multi-disciplined technology mindset.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Client and consumer satisfaction of at least 90% with all technology we deliver.
- Best in class functional and experiential ratings for all external-facing technology.
- Operational teams confirm functional technology needs are being met.
- Continuous operational efficiency improvements driven by technology.
- Cost effective set of IT tools reliably available to all employees across areas of need.
- Consistent availability and performance of all technology.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define, implement, and continuously ensure availability of client and consumer technology solutions.
- Partner with various internal functional business areas (e.g. food manufacturing) to identify their operational technology needs, and then implement and ensure the success of relevant solutions.
- Liaise with third-party IT service provider(s) to provide all staff with tools necessary for a effective and efficient work environment.
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the entire organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of information technology.
- Identify internal and external needs and opportunities for additional technology touchpoints.
- Create technology blueprints, roadmaps, and manage project execution.
- Research various technology solution providers to plug into the roadmaps.
- Ensure seamless integration of technology ecosystem, including a matrix of providers.
- Develop solutions and/or lead team to fill gaps not fulfilled by external providers.
- Incorporate the leading ideas from client/consumer experience staff and/or partners.
- Provide direction, guidance and training to internal technology team.
- Manage and assess the performance and efficacy of third-party IT service provider.
- Develop, manage, and track the IT department's annual budget.
- Create a culture of excellence through technology experiences.
- Represent Dohmen Company Foundation’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of Dohmen’s capability.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of social innovation.
- Listen to the market, identify new opportunities, and overlay to Dohmen’s strategy.
- Minimum 10 years of experience overseeing large software projects, exposure to IT operations, and supervising technology teams.
- Passion for innovation and growth.
- Demonstrated user experience excellence.
- Outstanding understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Superior management skills: ability to influence and engage peers and staff.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles.
- Exposure to manufacturing and supply chain is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at email@example.com.