Position Title: Fund Development Manager
Reports to: Director, Advancement & Engagement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 5/6/2022
Our Charitable Organization
Food For Health is a social enterprise focused on realizing our vision of creating equitable access to healthy and happy lives. As a self-sustaining public charity, we are committed to normalizing the concept of Food Is Medicine and making nutritious and delicious food more accessible. We realize our vision in two ways: through our charitable Food For Health program focused on preventing, managing & reversing disease with a delicious, people-centered medically tailored meal program for our most vulnerable populations and through our Food Benefit Company which provides an employee benefit that strengthens people & organizations with an integrated food benefit that benefits life – 100% of the profits from The Food Benefit Company funds the charitable Food For Health Program.
We are grounded in our values. They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a charitable organization focused on achieving social impact, they are the essence of what makes us unique and successful – because we stand for HEALTH. This is our commitment to the community, our employees and partners:
- Humble: We act with empathy & respect for others
- Effective: We deliver high-quality results optimizing impact
- Accountable: We take ownership personally & as a team
- Lively: We are energetic & act with urgency
- Trusted: We do what’s right
- Helpful: We build value internally & externally
The Fund Development Manager is directly responsible for successfully creating, leading and implementing an integrated resource strategy to meet short and long-term funding needs. This person is responsible for establishing relationships with prospective donors (i.e. individuals, corporate and foundations), across multiple sectors (locally, regionally and nationally) communicating with communities and internal teams to ensure fund development goals are met. The Fund Development Manager is also responsible for establishing systems and process to adequately manage special events, sponsorships, grants, and major gifts.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Meet and/or exceed annual revenue objectives.
- Successfully manage fundraising infrastructure and operations.
- Develops and maintains high-awareness of organization resulting in an optimized and perpetual donor network (locally & nationally).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the planning, organization, implementation, and evaluation of fundraising activities to meet the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Manage internal and external fund development resources, partnerships and suppliers.
- Establishes fundraising objectives for the organization, setting one year, five year and longer-term goals.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations or guidelines related to fundraising.
- Establish and maintain fundraising metrics, key performance indicators and insightful dashboards that enable fair and equitable measurement of fundraising activities and goals.
- Identify and implement new revenue streams and fundraising methods, with focus on increasing sustainable unrestricted, private revenue.
- Provide analytical and metrics-based reporting to executive team, board members and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain a list of potential financial donors including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Oversee the fundraising process and maintains records of recipients and disbursements of funds.
- Plans fundraising events/programs that effectively communicate the purpose of the organization.
- Conducts research on fundraising opportunities.
- Support grant writing, when needed. Grant writing responsibility is shared among staff depending on the program and policy area, and not the sole responsibility of this position.
- Organize and attend non-profit events and networking with relevant stakeholders.
- Represent Food For Health’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Exhibit strong focus on goals and results.
- Present an upbeat attitude and genuine interest in others. Energizes others through positive attitude.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Three years’ experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Nonprofit Management, or related field.
- Experience managing donor databases.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising strategies, principles, and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to fundraise and generate income.
- Superior organizational skills and techniques with dedication to detail and managing multiple priorities.
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented team environment and serve as a strong and effective advocate for the organization in the community.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at email@example.com.