Position Title: Marketing Specialist
Reports to: VP of Commercial Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 4/22/22
America has developed an unhealthy relationship with food. We over-medicate instead of eating healthy and the growth of chronic disease is out of control. Today, 70% of U.S. deaths and 85% of U.S. health expenditures are a result of chronic disease. This must change if we are to thrive as a society.
The Dohmen Company has touched nearly every aspect of the healthcare supply system over our 160+ years of business. It was clear to us that a new type of organization was needed to help drive equitable change. So, in 2018 we exited the pharmaceutical industry and in 2019 we became the first organization in the nation to transition from a for-profit S-Corp to a not-for-profit philanthropic enterprise.
Through our new Social Enterprise, we are developing the first ever food benefit to help America regain a healthy relationship with food. This will make clean eating easier, more enjoyable and – frankly – more delicious. And, while the “what” of our business has changed, our core values have and will always remain the same. You can think of this as our commitment to the market, our employees and partners:
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future. They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a foundation owned organization focused on achieving a social return on investment (SROI), they are the essence of what makes us unique and successful.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the development, management, and execution of the annual marketing plan across the social enterprise and multiple business lines; in addition to creating and fostering a passionate user community dedicated to our brand. The marketing plan is to be inclusive of earned media, paid media, events/conferences, social, web/email, while continually evolving based on industry best practices and insights.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- On time completion/activation of annual marketing plan
- Create baseline and grow traffic and engagement across print, social, web, email
- Create baseline and grow lead conversions across channels
- Create and grow participant user community
- On time completion of marketing/brand projects as assigned by leadership
- Create and adhere to marketing plan across social enterprise and business lines
- Work with internal partners to ensure plan enables both social, business, and brand objectives
- Work with external partners to maximize return from strategic marketing tools
- Conduct and coordinate media outreach
- Management of internal websites, web presence, & trademarks
- Establish, manage, and optimize social media presence across target platforms
- Chief brand steward ensuring consistent tone and voice across all internal/external communications
- Manage new brand activations in collaboration with design partners
- Collaborate with internal/external partners on successful plan completion/activation
- Define timing, next steps, and ownership across all elements of marketing plan
- Manage timely communication internal/externally to ensure on time task completion
- Drive impressions and engagement across targeted media channels
- Convert impressions/engagement to leads across targeted media channels
- Manage internal and external communications
- Establish KPI baseline, ongoing measurement, and reporting across all plan areas
- Report plan, progress, KPIs, and risks/opportunities to internal leadership
- Ensure timely availability of all new brand activations
- Stay current on marketing trends and developments to continually evolve approach
- Create and grow participant user community
- Actively participate and manage conference, sponsorship, and event strategy
- Define and coordinate website updates/changes/evolution
- Work with legal to manage new and existing brand trademarks
- Foster a culture of brand stewardship and marketing excellence
- Display a positive and cooperative attitude with all team members
- Meet desired project, impression, engagement, conversion, and community targets.
- Represent Dohmen Company Foundation’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Previous marketing specialist experience
- Previous social media experience
- Interest in best-in-class, delicious, plant-forward food and a healthy lifestyle
- Experience in both B2B and B2C environments
- Able to move fast, wear multiple hats, and consistently learn and evolve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence
- Proficient with Microsoft office, CRM and marketing automation software
- Team player who learns from and teaches coworkers in a respectful manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.