Position Title: Sous Chef of Production
Location: Milwaukee and Chicago
Reports to: Chef De’ Cuisine
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 06/10/21
America has developed an unhealthy relationship with food. We over-medicate instead of eating healthy and the growth of chronic disease is out of control. Today, 70% of U.S. deaths and 85% of U.S. health expenditures are a result of chronic disease. This must change if we are to thrive as a society. The Dohmen Company has touched nearly every aspect of the healthcare supply system over our 160+ years of business. It was clear to us that a new type of organization was needed to help drive equitable change. So, in 2018 we exited the pharmaceutical industry and in 2019 we became the first organization in the nation to transition from a for-profit S-Corp to a not-for-profit philanthropic enterprise. Through our new foundation we are developing the first ever food benefit to help America regain a healthy relationship with food. This will make clean eating easier, more enjoyable and – frankly – more delicious. And, while the “what” of our business has changed, our core values have and will always remain the same. You can think of this as our commitment to the market, our employees and partners:
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future.
They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a foundation owned organization
focused on achieving a social return on investment (SROI), they are the essence of what makes us
unique and successful.
The Sous Chef of Production is responsible for management of daily production and supporting the Chef
De Cuisine throughout kitchen operations. Additionally, the Sous Chef will be the liaison from the
production team to the plating team.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- All orders are consistently fulfilled.
- All products are produced to satisfaction of our customers.
- Food waste is at or under 5%.
- Less than 3% of food errors (Ex: overcooking, improper execution of designated recipes, etc.)
- Lead the production team in the completion of all daily food manufacturing activities
- Acts as liaison between production and plating (maintaining a strong relationship with the QC manager) to facilitate smooth transitions and high quality products.
- Fully immersed in daily production.
- Highly supportive to the Chef de’ Cuisine in running the production of the kitchen.
- High quality execution of recipes per established guidelines.
- Communicate regularly with plating department for proper coordination of production efforts.
- Leads and assists production team efficiency through coaching and observation.
- Contribute to development of culinary team through proper coaching, training and mentoring.
- Ensure daily compliance with operating/safety procedures, sanitation guidelines and food quality.
- Create a culture of program service excellence.
- Represent Dohmen Company Foundation’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of Dohmen’s capability.
- Continuously build and credibly convey deep knowledge of social innovation.
- Listen to the market, identify new opportunities and overlay to Dohmen’s strategy.
- Minimum 2 years as a lead role in food production.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Eager to expand skills in ethnic and traditional cuisines.
- Ability to influence and engage peers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for food with an ability to learn and lead.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.