Position Title: Vice President, Commercial Development
Reports to: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: 07/03/2021
The Dohmen Company Foundation believes that a healthy life goes far beyond physical well-being. We are committed to healthy communities powered by healthy people. We see the importance of empowering all people with the tools they need to lead a healthy life, because healthy communities are powered by healthy people.
We’ve also stayed strong all those years because while we’ve been unafraid to change WHAT we do, we’ve never changed WHO we are and what we stand for. Our behavior is guided by five simple values –
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future. They define who we are, how we act and how we do business. And as a foundation owned organization focused on achieving a social return on investment (SROI), they are the essence of what makes us unique and successful.
As the executive leader responsible for development of the commercial strategy and growth plans within the company’s emerging food benefit offering, this role is an essential member of the company’s leadership team. Dohmen has been successful for over 160 years by consistently bringing innovative, new service capability to market in pursuit of our vision. The VP, Commercial Development is responsible for the launch, commercialization, marketing and growth of our Food Benefit Company (FBC) and offering in the B2B & DTC space.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Commercial plan development and launch of the Food Benefit Company
- Brand creation, awareness & performance management
- Product launch and adoption rates
- Achieve revenue & EBITDA growth (post launch) objectives and client retention goals
- Successful launch of FBC and employer/employee adoption by developing and executing growth strategies, as well as development of new products, services and markets.
- Implement corporate best-practices, including market analysis, the roadmap planning process and client pipeline development to identify and track new growth opportunities.
- Development of the FBC category (ER benefit + healthy lifestyle), brand visibility and growth pipeline.
- Combine technical knowledge with strong marketing and BD skills to continuously rationalize current products and advance their growth in the context of the 5 YR strategy.
- Work with executive team to develop and execute business level commercial strategy(s)
- Assist CFO/CDO in modeling and validating the company’s revenue and profit growth goals
- Establish and maintain an excellent rapport and relationships with key stakeholders: clients, community organizations, channel partners and internal staff
- Research to find new opportunities, new customers (businesses, individuals) and new markets to increase sales growth
- Planning and overseeing branding, messaging and marketing initiatives as it relates to the food benefit offering
- Assist in building the client pipeline and closing new business for desired strategic client profiles
- Develop plans, proposals and quotes for new business opportunities
- Lead projects that require collaboration with internal stakeholders and functional areas to improve the customer experience and growth and drive operational efficiencies.
- Manages all facets of customer growth and retention, including participating in the resolution of customer concerns, retention plans and customer advocacy
- Create and implement a sales action plan which supports strategic objectives, achieving sales targets and taking corrective measures as needed
- Work with functional leaders to create, maintain and refresh sales tools and resources including pitch decks, flyers, brochures, awareness/education campaigns, etc.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive activities to drive company strategy, development and positioning
- Create a culture of program service excellence
- Represent Dohmen Company Foundation’s vision, values and capability with passion and integrity
- Exhibits an upbeat attitude and genuine interest in others. Energizes others through positive attitude.
- Professional with unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in employer benefits desired
- Experience in successfully leading a business unit or company with profit and loss accountability
- Demonstrated experience in successfully building, launching and increasing commercial growth
- The ability to conceptualize, design and deliver best in class solutions
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision operationally with excellent quantitative and qualitative skills
- Possesses the ability to develop and articulate ideas and information that generates understanding
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective communicator at all constituent levels
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
To inquire or apply for this position, please contact Kris Wolf at email@example.com.